Thursday, August 12, 2010

My quilts

For the last year I have been working on these two quilts. One for my bed and a picnic blanket. They were a lot of work, but fun and a good learning experience. My mom and I were doing the one for my bed and my aunt and cousins helped me with the picnic quilt. It's definately more fun to quilt in a group and lightens the load. The second one has almost 1000 triangles in it and the first almost 300 circles. I can't seem to choose a simple pattern. I think that I am taking a break from quilting for a while.

The second one has now been quilted and the edging almost finished and the picnic one is done and already well used, but I don't have a picture. This one gives an idea of what it looks like. I'll have to add final pictures later.


3 comments:

Kathy said...

oh my goodness. hello talent. that is beautiful.

hope you had a good trip/camping! we'll seriously have to plan a big one for next year. soon!

Kamille said...

Your quilts are so gorgeous! I am excited to see the one for your bed all done! You've done a great job!

janetina said...

Love the quilts! It was fun doing a project together. Want to help me with Ashley's quilt?? Love all your babies! Love you!!