Sunday, October 19, 2008

Finding joy in the little things


WEll, I'm not sure what to say. I feel like I need to come up with some introspective commentary about life. Usually I've got six months to try to catch up on, so I have lots to write. OK, here goes, My joy for the week, was teaching Joy school. We do this home preschool program where we take turns teaching and I really enjoy it. I love it when Eliza is off to play with her friends and I get a bit of a break, but I really love teaching too. We made apple sauce this week and learned about seeds and plants and I just love seeing them learn and their desire to experience new things. I love to see how they interact with one another and learn how to help and love and sometimes, what not to say. I enjoy being called "teacher" and have the opportunity to share what I know from my life experience and share stories about when I was a little girl. These kids grow up so fast and lately I have taken to just watching them and enjoying their expressions and dialogue and songs. I'm really trying to find joy in the little things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Two posts since I last checked! You are on a roll. I have to admit the joyschool sounds so great with the lessons and interaction you get with your own kids. Maybe I should look into that - sometime:)

Eden Lang said...

You are such a great mom! And I don't think I can say it enough...your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

...We really should try to get together soon.